Tuesday, December 14, 2010

CHRISTmas

Here comes Santa Clause
Here comes Santa Clause
Right down Santa Clause Lane

It's that time of year again, and yes, that means the season of sharing and caring.
But why is it that it seems that no one is in the mood.
Maybe it's because I work retail and I see a lot of grouchy people

Tis the Season to be Jolly
Fa la la la la la la la la

 Driving around town, I don't see any more
"Merry Christmas" signs
All I see are "Happy Holidays"

Angels we have heard on high,
Sweetly singing o'er the plains
And the mountains in reply
Echoing their joyous strains. Gloria...

If people would just take the time to set foot into a church
Listen to the preacher
And realize that its not just about the gifts
It's about CHRIST!

Christ, by highest heaven adored
Christ, the everlasting Lord;
Late in time behold Him come
Offspring of a virgin's womb.
Veiled in flesh the Godhead see;
Hail th' Incarnate Deity,
Pleased as man with man to dwell;
Jesus, our Emmanuel.  

1 comment:

  1. This is so true! These days Christmas just means stomping around a store, pushing people out of the way and buying lots of crap. Don't get me wrong, I like presents, I love giving presents but people seem to forget the TRUE meaning of Christmas. I love going to the Christmas Eve service and the Children's Christmas production and spending time with family...THAT's what Christmas is to me, celebrating the birth of our Savior and spreading His love to others! I promise, I'm not stomping through stores, I'm the one smiling bright and saying, "MERRY CHRISTMAS!" None of this Happy Holidays crap for me ;) Love you hun!

    ReplyDelete